These links are to other Navy-related websites. Not much here now but it will gradually grow. Please let me know
about your favourite website and I'll add a link to it.
This page updated October 8, 2017.
General Navy Links :
- Canadian Military. A huge website which is still under
construction so you may want to return to it often. It has a good section on the Canadian Navy as well as on the other
branches of Canadian Military, from the War of 1812 to Canadians in Afghanistan right now. Also see the sections on
Canadians who fought in the American Civil War and in Vietnam.
- Canadian Navy of Yesterday & Today A large page of links which
is only one of a world-wide naval website.
- For Posterity's Sake. A huge website with great photos. And the "RCN Memories" section is not
to be missed!
- Naval History.ca. News, views, book reviews, and a
large collection of links to other navy websites. Last update seems to have been in 2010.
- Naval-History.net. This British-based website concentrates on RN
history, but it also contains the casualty lists of all Commonwealth navies up to about 1947.
- Stokers on Line. Now off-line. Anyone know what happened to it?
Website mainly for stokers. Interesting photos but has lots of broken links.
- The Memory Project. A large and complex website with audio interview,
photographs, biographies, etc., of men and women from all of the services who served in Canadian wars from WW1 to
Health and Welfare :
The information provided on ANY website is not a substitute for advice from your doctor.
- Veterans' Affairs Canada: Mental Health.
"Are you a veteran in crisis? Get help now! There is a wide range of mental health services, support and
information for Veterans and their families. The most important thing to realize is that you are not alone; help is often just a
phone call away."
(Added June 23, 2017)
- U.S. Dept. of Veterans' Affairs: Mental Health.
If you are a member or former member of the U.S. military, this should be the first website
you check out.
(Added June 23, 2017)
- The links to all but the above health and welfare websites have been removed.
rcnhistory.org will not link to any "for profit"
websites. Please use Google to find websites which meet your needs.
- Examples to enter into Google:
- veterans rehabilitation canada
- veterans rehabilitation usa
- veterans support canada
- veterans support usa
- veterans housing canada
- veterans housing usa
- veterans asbestos canada
- veterans asbestos usa
Links to personal Navy websites :
- LSRM (MCPL) Donald Courcy's website.
Donald served from 1965-73 and sailed on
three RCN submarines and one ship, as well as serving on several land bases and naval radio stations.
(Revised August 9, 2017)
- The Roger Litwiller Collection of RCN Photos.
Author and artist Roger Litwiller has an extensive collection of mostly World War Two photos
on the Flickr photo website. There are well over 2,500 photos in this collection.
(Added October 8, 2017)
Links to ships and bases mentioned on this website :
- HMCS Cape Breton.
- HMCS Cornwallis. Website of the
Cornwallis Military Museum. They have a large collection of graduation photos available for download.
- CFB Esquimalt Naval & Military Museum.
In addition to exhibits and displays, the museum houses an expanding archive and library that includes thousands of photographs
and documents, histories of Canadian naval vessels, navigation charts, biographies of important leaders in the Royal Canadian Navy,
ship plans, and copies of the Navy List (officers' names only).
- "Under The Cat" : HMCS Bonaventure, HMCS Magnificent, HMCS Warrior.
Can you provide new links or corrections?
Are any of the above links broken?
Please email Charlie Dobie.
BACK TO MAIN MENU